An In-Depth Guide to Subaru Legacy Wiper Blade Size Selection
Your Subaru Legacy, a midsize sedan widely acclaimed for its design, dependability, and performance since its inception in 1989, requires careful maintenance. Essential to this pursuit is selecting the ideal Subaru Legacy wiper blade size. This comprehensive guide will delve into this significant subject.
Understanding the Vitality of the Correct Subaru Legacy Wiper Blade Size
Ensuring adequate wiper blade size for your Subaru Legacy has a profound impact on your car’s performance and your safety. Precise size selection guarantees efficient windshield wiping, providing optimal visibility in difficult weather situations. Incorrectly sized wipers can cause issues, from streaking because of missed spots to extensive windshield damage due to overhang.
Evolution of Subaru Legacy Wiper Blade Sizes
Windshield wiper blade sizes on a Subaru Legacy vary depending on the model’s year. Here are a few key details:
- The wiper blade size for models from 2005 to 2009 is 26 inches on both sides.
- Between 2010-2014, the Subaru Legacy requires a 26-inch blade for the driver’s side and an 18-inch for the passenger side.
- Newer models, from 2015 to 2020, have standardized 26-inch blades for the driver’s side and 14-inch blades on the passenger side.
Note that proper fitment is critical for efficient windshield wiping and preventing potential damage.
Determining Your Subaru Legacy Wiper Blade Size
To measure your Subaru Legacy’s wiper blade size accurately, begin from one end and measure directly to the other end in inches. Repeat this for both wiper blades, as their size typically differs on a Subaru Legacy.
Selecting the Ideal Wiper Blade Material
Upon obtaining the correct size, the next fundamental step involves choosing the proper material. The common materials are:
1. Rubber: This is the standard material for many vehicles, including the Subaru Legacy, owing to its efficiency and affordability.
2. Silicone: Although more costly than rubber, silicone blades last longer and are more effective in extreme weather.
3. Coated: Blades coated with materials like Teflon or graphite are designed for noise reduction and greater longevity. They, however, tend to be the most expensive option.
Identifying Premium Wiper Blades for Subaru Legacy
Subaru encourages wiper blade replacement every six to twelve months, depending on their wear and usage. Brands offering top-rated blades perfect for Subaru Legacy include Bosch, Rain-X, and Michelin.
Installation of Your New Wiper Blades
Most Subaru Legacy owners can manage wiper blade installation. Still, if you feel uncomfortable, numerous service centers provide this service, often at no cost with the purchase of a new set.
For more information, you can find essential tips for selecting Subaru Outback wiper blade size on our blog.
Your Subaru Legacy deserves the best, including the perfect-sized, elite quality wiper blades. Take the time to measure accurately, select the appropriate material and ensure correct installation. Fulfilling this straightforward but pivotal maintenance task can significantly improve your driving experience in your Subaru Legacy, regardless of the weather.
Learn more about Subaru Legacy maintenance on the Wikipedia page for the vehicle.